Castlevania: The General Thread

Started by Q, 16 April 2006, 18:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

We need a Castlevania topic here. So which 'Vanias have you been playing recently? I just accomplished LoI a week ago, and now playing Curse with some 65 % of the map completed. It feels better than Lament in many ways, but  I've been a bit disappointed about the realization of the game world. Some beautiful landscapes together with a bit more alternating "rooms" would've been awesome. The battle system and other stuff are actualized quite decently though, and of course I love the music. While still not completed the game, I'm not able to comment the story. But there's Dracula, so it seems ok to me. 8)

Bloodreign

Voted Dracula's Curse, I need to get back into playing that sometime, seeing as I've taken an extended break from anything CV related.
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.

A-Yty

Voted SotN, though I hope there will some day be a CV that'll surpass it.

I just finished DC while writing a walkthrough for it.

Q

One vote for Adventure. Somebody's not serious. :|

Persläpi

I voted Castlevania LoD. I really dont have that game yet, but i have Castlevania 64, and i voted LoD because it is "Version 2.0" about that game.
Amatööreistä poikkean siinä, että olen oikeasti lahjakas.

Persläpi

Quote from: "A-Yty"I just finished DC while writing a walkthrough for it.
Dude, are wroting walkthroughs about the games? WOW. Im worting too about the Cv 64 and LoD. Duuuuude..
Amatööreistä poikkean siinä, että olen oikeasti lahjakas.

Bloodreign

Quote from: "Doppe"
Quote from: "Lord Quincey"One vote for Adventure. Somebody's not serious. :|
New sig, my old one is a dead link, so I changed it to something useless, like this text. If you read it, congrats, you wasted your time.

A-Yty

Quote from: "Bloodreign"
Quote from: "Doppe"
Quote from: "Lord Quincey"One vote for Adventure. Somebody's not serious. :|

Note: meaning that he likely started playing video games during the most intense rise of 3-D gaming and thus cannot perhaps fully appreciate 2-D games.

Christophe

Sigh. Poor kid. I guess that the 70's wasn't that bad time to grow up if the option is N64 and 3d Castlevania. I choose Black Knight pinball game any time instead of any of these 3d games that got hit with the ugly stick.  There should be an option to vote for the Mario 64. It is at least a decent effort ;).

Correct me if I'm wrong but Castlevania equals good gamepaly in a good ol' 2d. This should not be too hard to understand even if you were born yesterday. Sheesh.

Bloodreign

Quote from: "A-Yty"No, he's 12.  :)

Seriously though I see kids say that a lot and I always tell them without these old 2-D games you'd have no games likely out there today. 

Christophe

I'm doubtful that it would do much good ;). We have our own cultural icons: http://davesworld.gamesanimal.com/notorious.php?art=44
Kids of these days have no idea how such games were played. It was three lives and game over man! 

http://davesworld.gamesanimal.com/notorious.php?art=16

Bloodreign

I've run into so many kids that dislike the classics it isn't funny, trouble is though without these classics these kids today would not have gaming.

Agree or disagree?

ParasiteX

Quote from: "Bloodreign"I've run into so many kids that dislike the classics it isn't funny, trouble is though without these classics these kids today would not have gaming.

Agree or disagree?
I totally agree with that. :brow:
Nowadays kids don't even know how the games are really made. They just know that there is 3d -programs and in common "AUTOCAD", "C++" -languages which will make graphics and commands work.
How crazy must it be to see first videogame on consoles like NintendoWii or Playstation3? It's just impossible for them to suddenly understand such complex data. :|

:P

Venetkoski

Voted for CoD  :mrgreen:.. I really like it, and many dislike it.. Why is it so, or am I someway different from other people :P?
Fail?

Azmodan

Meh...it had good atmosphere and story (though a little too vague...) and the voice acting was top-notch. If it had good level design, I imagine it would've been something big.

http://www.chapelofresonance.com - fastest growing Castlevania website